
I just absolutely love the holidays. There are always places to go and people to see, and plenty of yummy food to eat! That is basically what we've been doing.
Once school got out I got to getting Christmas shopping done. I literally didn't think about it until after my birthday! Man did I prove myself as a power shopper (not really, and I'm so over thinking about shopping right now). Really though, neither of us went too crazy for Christmas this year.
D has practically been living at Solitude for the entire break. He got some new snow clothes for Christmas so he is a happy camper up there! Thank goodness he is at least nice enough to come home at night and spend time with everyone under the inversion (totally over that already!).
I've actually gotten out skiing, also. I went with my family on Christmas Eve, which is our little tradition. We always have fun skiing together. We got some really nice snow and excellent temperatures! A few of us got cliff-ed out and had to drop a cliff, but really that is just how extreme we are (this was Meg's 2nd cliff this season!). We are all getting a little excited for our Presidents Day Jackson trip.
We both got to go up with D's family this week. I got to teach Oli to ski and D got all the attention with Ruby on his back. Oli had never skied and I was a bit nervous starting out when he refused to learn how to stop. Nell finally figured out that he thought I was telling him we had to stop skiing altogether, not just stop and then go again. Phew! After that clarification he picked it up like a champ. By the end of the day he was cruising without any directions letting everyone he passed know "little guy passing!" Ruby was the ultimate good sport. She hung out with uncle D all day, giggling the entire time, unless she dosed off on the lift. D managed the baby backpack with her inside all day…on a snowboard!! You should've seen him getting on and off the lift. Everyone on the mountain, me included, was impressed. D got his picture taken a few times and people kept asking him if that was a baby on his back.
Today, I have been meandering around the house trying to get together the enthusiasm to clean the semesters worth of grime (with Christmas breaks neglect on top) we've managed to accumulate.
School starts earlier than usual for me, so we (or hopefully at least me) will be back in the swing of thing in no time.
We hope everyone had a fabulous Christmas and hope your New Years is fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment