On our way out to D's families for a Fourth of July BBQ we got stuck behind this adorable little scene. The old guy driving could barely see over the steering wheel from under his bowler hat. The old ladies were decked out in full summer print with bright jewelry and, as you can see, summer hats. The kid in the front seat (maybe six years old-ish) had a wooden train he kept playing with above his head. I don't know why he had it above his head, but it completed the picture (an action figure wouldn't have done it).
Picturesque, right?
Only thing unsettling about this picture is that I was driving while snapping pictures. Shifting, zooming, keeping it between the lines, clicking away, pacifying terrified husband... all in a two minute photo shoot. I got mad skills!
How was your Fourth?
Did you eat Hotdogs or Hamburgers?
I didn't eat one hotdog or hamburger this time around. How un-patriotic I could feel if I hadn't feasted my heart out for three days straight!
I even pulled off making a green salad. I smartened right up and bought a salad topper package and a shredded vege package to mix with the lettuce compliments of Grams garden!
But wouldn't that be boring if that was it?
We went climbing. (Big surprise, huh?) American Fork was chilly while we were there! D and I were both trying to remember how to climb walls. We led a few good routes and hung out with some friends.
Even though we chickened out of the bike race, and we didn't quite make it to the city breakfast or fireworks, we did see the parade. I remember in past years the floats being lots bigger. Slightly disappointed. Could that have been because I was only 4 ft. high when I last thought floats were so awesome? D spent most of the time swatting sticks thrown by Oli out of the air before they could hit a random stranger. Hehe
We had a BBQ at some friends and their dogs house (the dogs outnumbered people, seriously!).
We slept in until almost 12 on Sunday. But what else is a holiday on a Sunday for?
We went to a few rodeos. Did you know that my little sister rides in big rodeos? She is getting to be quite the little barrel racer. She doesn't even hit barrels! We went to one over the holiday and have been to a few more since. Our schedule is slowly filling with rodeos.
(Her boy is a bareback rider and when he rides people ask for his autograph!!! I'm so cool to be his super-best-friend! Hehe)
Our schedule for the remainder of the summer is sunny and clear with a chance of excitement... about a 67% chance to be exact. What are you doing for the summer? Any fun plans?

No comments:
Post a Comment