Monday, July 5, 2010

Freudian Slip?

D and I were having an odd conversation in bed the other night. After reading for awhile we started talking about work, climbing, and everything.

I can't remember exactly what got us on the subject or even exactly what the subject was, but I finally blurt out, "I am a great sitter."

I knew that's what he was expecting to hear and I felt very proud as I announced it to him.

D replied, "Oh ya? What kind of sitter?"


I thought that he already knew, and I was totally surprised he even said something back.

"I'm great at sitting on the mechanical bull," I said as I turned over.

I knew that I had ridden it plenty of times. Everyone, including D, had told me they were jealous that I could ride better than Caleb.

                          (I know you ride horsey's Caleb, but I could beat you at the mechanical bull!)


"What mechanical bull?" D asked.

"The mechanical bull at your Dad's gas station; I'm really good at sitting on that!"


After a seconds hesitation he said; "Case, are you awake?"

I realized right then that I wasn't even awake!

The whole conversation that I thought we had been having was a big old fat dream and I had been muttering jibberish at D!

D was laughing at me.

I didn't even care, I was already thinking (or dreaming) about something else. I told him to shut up and went right back to sleep without a second thought about it!

2 comments:

Peay Family said...

Ha ha ha. I love it!

Whitney said...

Hahaha! Nice. I want to go on the mechanical bull!