I am horrible at finishing laundry. I can get it into the washer and dryer in record time, like no one's business! ... But that's about it, and only when I'm feeling motivated.
My laundry routine is simple. Before the laundry job can be initiated one of us, or both, must have a clothing item necessitating cleaning. It's usually me; I don't think D even thinks about what he's gonna wear until he's staring in the closet… and still, I wonder.
The clothes are separated by color, and that's it. (I don't get fancy with the water temps anyways).
I don't believe in dry-cleaning. D's suit that has been worn once since our wedding is the only thing that may get dry-cleaned.
Out of the washer I put most of it into the dryer and a few things get hung to air dry.
Sadly, the air dry rack will be out for at least a week. There will be a stack of folded laundry on a chair or in the corner of our room for a few days. Sometimes all the loads get laid out so they stay wrinkle-free without any folding or putting away, or effort (score!).
More times than not, late at night, I completely forget about the last load (or two, who are we kidding?) in the washer or dryer.
But, one of the many perks of living in the Blue Basement is that miraculously in the morning my laundry will be very neatly folded, basket-ed, and placed at the top of the stairs.
Laundry Fairy?
Gram! She is our Laundry, Too Tired to Cook, Buddy When you Need One, and Encouragement Fairy. We are so lucky not only for the laundry and dinners, but for advice and a cheer-ups, when needed.
I never had a problem with forgetting about laundry before our Blue Basement in the fabulous dwelling of the Gram. Maybe that's why this phenomenon occurs- subconsciously I know there is a chance (even if it's tiny at 2 in the morning) that I won't have to lift my little finger. (Can you believe I'm that lazy, and that I told the whole world that?)
She spoils us like no married couple should be… seriously! We are so thankful for her!
So here's to Gram- who keeps us fed, rested, emotionally stable, and smelling of clean clothes! Thank YOU!
4 comments:
I wish I had a laundry fairy!! Live it up!
She is all that and more! We are all SO lucky to have gram! She is the most unselfish person I've ever known!:D
What a sweet grandma! :-)
Thank you for your generous comments. You and I both know that it's really the other way around. Thank you for making a big house seem happy.
Post a Comment