There is one reason I will subject myself to wearing that awful color. More specifically I will wear that color from head to toe with absolutely no other color to break up my relation to the green bean man, and I will be excited about it!
(Do you see the shear JOY in my face? That, my friends, is excitement at it's finest! -acutally I picked this picture so you couldn't see the shear joy, in it's entirety, in my face...it was a little much! Veins popping out of necks, eyes bulging...not pretty, much less, not world-wide-web approved!)
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
(Are you dying with anticipation yet?)
.
.
.
.
.
.
I am excited to wear the horrible hunter green scrubs because it means...
I Got Into Nursing School!!!!
I am still in shock! Really, who'da thought? (Nell, that sentence, if you can call it that, was for you! hehe)
I applied for UVU's nursing program way back in the Spring, not expecting much to come of it. That school had certain standards that I definitely did not reach but I it was the first school I could apply for and they were changing the entrance requirements (in my favor), so I thought I'd at least give it a shot.
Before the re-vamp the grades for 5 classes (that could be taken as many times as it took you to get an A) and your TEAS test (standardized pre-nursing test) score were all that made up your score, and top 40 scores got into the program. So it was pretty much impossible for me to get in. People had been taking classes over and over! But they added a one repeat rule for pre- req's and an interview process.
I seriously, just happened to have all 10 pre-req's done in time to apply. I took the TEAS and sent in my scores. If those scores were good enough they'd invite me for an interview.
Low and behold I got an interview, even though neither of my scores met the minimum requirement set by past classes. I think that was a fluke on their part!
The interview had me totally freaked out. Sam helped me prepare, seriously I think he's the reason I did so well on the interview!!! Thank you Sam!
I felt like I totally did awesome in the interview. But I didn't get in! (Confused?)
I was the second alternate! Can you believe it? Second! Biggest dissappointment ever!
Well the other day they called to say they had an opening and they wanted me in!
I told them that I would, as a favor to them, of course!
HAHA, ya right! I cried for a good half an hour as I frantically called EVERYONE!
Now I am getting shots, left and right, physical exams, and buying hunter green scrubs with a grin on my face because I am going to nursing school!
Wahoo!

4 comments:
Sentence or not, it was perfectly punctuated! Congrats again, we are so happy for you and will soon be calling you with questions about all our bumps and bruises. Love ya.
YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY! Again, I am so excited for you! This is so awesome, and you totally deserve it after all the crazy-hard work you have been putting in! Congrats!
Congratulations! How exciting for you, such an accomplishment. Thanks also for taking care of things for me here at work while I was out on maternity - you're a lifesaver.
Since it's not April 1, I know this one isn't a cruel joke! :) So I can cry and run around the house in celebration of your good news! :D Congrats! LOVE YOU!
Post a Comment