Sunday, April 4, 2010

PSYCH! ... April Fools!

So if our last post gotcha, don't worry- you weren't the only one. Even if you got emotional, you weren't the only one!!

And I'm so freakin excited about it!

I know, so mean of me, but you all were so excited for us which really made us feel loved and that really does mean alot! Thank You!! (I'm also super glad you all are great sports, but we all knew you were in the first place)

~Also, in the future, if we really are pregnant, I'll call to let you know! I promise! I will call well before it makes it on the internet!

Photobucket

But while we are on the subject, lets talk baby!...

When we first got married, D was the one who was excited about having kids. I was totally not interested. Then about the time Oli and Ruby moved back I got baby crazy! Crazy I know, but probably because those two are crazy adorable. Thank goodness that was about the exact same time D went anti! Probably because he was the one doing all the real playing. (Real because he actually played while I watched).

Lately we've had our heads on straight and really talked about it. Our conclusion: Lets face it, we know what it takes to take care of children properly, and we are just not ready! Although we are both super excited to have a family. We are now pretty much in agreement about our reproductive time table. -Basically it doesn't even exist until at least after I'm done with school. Which who knows, might be another five years! And then we still want to wait till D is done. And then we want to wait until we've got some adventuring under our belts. Could you imagine rock climbing in South America with a baby on the hip? I'm just not that strong of a woman, if you can even call me a woman. I already know I'll be needing some family close by for when there is a little one around.

When we do finally get around to having some chillins I have a list of which characteristics they are allowed to inherit. (My mother warned me about this, but I can't help it). On the top of that list is D's absolute genius. Freak he is smart and I'm always so jealous! Next up, his sparkly eyes, but green like mine. His curly hair, and my blonde color. His awesomely tan-able skin, my freckly nose. His naturally straight teeth (Lord have mercy on the poor child that inherits my straggle-tooth-ed-ness... that was traumatic, which you may never know about because I have probably burned all the evidence, a long time ago). And his energy, although it may kill me, is completely a must!

But until then, maybe I will get up the guts to just check out an expectancy book from the library. Then hopefully I won't be as terribly terrified as I am now.

No comments: