Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Vocab Lessons

Today, everyone, the word of the day is

Sustenaculum Tali of the Calcaneous

I'll give you a dollar if you tell me where it is.

Ok so maybe its not really 'a' word, and maybe I really won't give you a dollar, but I've said those words maybe one hundred times today... alone.

Why so many times? You guessed it.

Anatomy Round Two.

Anatomy Round Two is so much funner than Anatomy Round One! Anatomy Round One was scary and stressful. This time around I already know all the rules and ways they try to be tricky, so its no problema para me!

(Sometimes don't you wish you could just spout out what your thinking in another language, instead of just a few words. I do.)

In Anatomy Round Two I get to actually concentrate on memorizing..ah-hem, I mean learn, yes, learning all those bone tubercles, foramens, and trochleas. (Aren't you so jealous of my unique and totally real words? They even have meanings and I feel smarter just saying them... and typing them). Whereas in Anatomy Round One I spent half the time trying to find the stupid things, and then the other half trying to pronounce it AND it was in the summer! Nine weeks is not enough time to memorize all that!

... o ya, I didn't, Thats why I'm in Anatomy Round Two!

Anatomy is of ALOT of memorizing, and ALOT of material, so ALOT of repetition! I end up getting one of the fun words stuck in my head for the rest of day. Just saying it under my breath kinda sing-songy-like. Eventually I completely martyr the word and it ends up as some kinda similar sounding word, in that it starts and ends with the same letter.

...Kinda defeating the purpose of memorizing? Kinda annoying? You betcha!

When it comes time to blurt those words back out, say, like on a quiz they come out as that sing-songy rendition I killed for a cause!

Tragic.

No comments: