Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Costa Rica, Part Uno

Photobucket

The Whole Gang! Me, Megi, Jer, Josh, Amanda, Caleb, Kailee, Donald, Pops, and Momma

Costa Rica was awesome! I didn't take my camera, its not water proof, and these days you don't take a camera that isn't water proof to Costa Rica, its just so not cool. So you wont be seeing any more picutres for awhile.

Some highlight from the trip include...

Me, talking Spanish!! I was so nervous I wouldn't remember the basic stuff, and then I went and forgot my spanish dictionary and my verb book and my handy-dandy, quick phrase book... ugh! But it's ok, cause on the first van ride, our driver didn't know any english and we learned all about the production of sugar cane in Costa Rica. (When I say "all about," I literally mean we now know the production of sugar cane is carried out completely in Costa Rica... and it's great for the economy. But thats all we know.)

Caleb dancing like Micheal Jackson while lip syncing everyword between sobs of joy!! Ok so maybe he didn't cry, and maybe he only busted half a move, and maybe I really wasn't even there. But I so- wish I would've been there, and that he really had cried and really had totally busted a crotch grab.

Horseback Riding! I have wanted to ride a horse as fast as it could run for as long as I can remember! Well we signed up for horseback riding as part of another tour and no one was really excited. We all pictured them plopping us on the fattest, laziest, horses so we wouldn't get scared on those huge animals! And come on, we totally weren't excited to sit there for two hours plopping around. Well my spanish came in handy! I told them how good we all were at riding horses and guess what? They didn't believe me. They even made us practice in the corral for a bit. But when I told them we had a Professional Bull Rider and Professional Barrel Racer and Professional Mule Breeder and a few accomplices in the group, those guides straightened right up. They even started handing out tree branch whips! Woo-hoo!! I was getting excited! The rest of the ride was straight trotting with bits of running on the wider areas! Which lead to some sore bums! Apparently if you're professional in Costa Rica, you don't walk, ever.

Highlight of this highlight? Galloping through the pasture with everyone else behind me and given my girl just a few good taps and her just taking off! Like serious Hidalgo or Seabiscuit moments, when they kick it up just a notch and then your flying!!! O my, I'm still giddy about it! And I finally got to ride a horse as fast as it could go!

Mandy getting stung by a jelly fish! It just had to happen to the most aquatic-life-a-phobe in the world, didn't it?

My awesome sunglasses! I think that sums it up! But I will mention that they died tragically to sea. Can we have a moment of silent in there honor? (Don't worry I'll post a pic of them sooner or later).

Water Polo! Has anyone been to a Jensen Christmas party? We play Battlefield. It's like dodgeball but on steriods and no one wants to lose. O ya, and my little sisters are the two most feared players! So what does Christmas games of Battle field have to do with our trip to Costa Rica? Well, get all of us "Utahs" (who are all just as competative as all the Jensens combined), on one team against the rest of the relaxed and vacationing foreigners at out hotel and see what happens. Its alot like Christmas. Its called Jensens win, no matter what. And really we did win, even if a few people got injured, so what?

Buffets! All you can eat and drink and snack and gorge! Especially since there was nachos 24 hours a day and enough guacomole to last a lifetime. O yes, in true Donald form, he enjoyed that perk to its full extent.

There is so much more to tell you about and I will! Consider this part one, and now we go to....

Intermission

2 comments:

Peay Family said...

So fun!! I hope that numero dos has some more pics of your fun trip!!

Whitney said...

Awesome! More pics por favor!