Saturday, January 16, 2010

Photobucket

I love Winter, and yet I hate it. Hate is such a strong word, I just don't like it.

Today I was very conflicted about the subject.

D was up at Solitude and so I went up the canyon to get out of the inversion with the fam. We went snowshoeing, and it was way fun. I twisted my ankle, thought I was going to die of shear exhaustion, got soaked, froze at lunch, and had a great time. Really it was nice for us all to just hang out and goof off like we were kids... almost.

That is one reason I love winter. Skiing has always been a family thing for us. My parents got engaged on a ski lift, ya know. Now D and I really love to spend free time skiing, and working skiing, or working with people trying to ski.

I hate winter this season because I do not have a pass to ski.

I hate this winter because there is no snow.

Snow is so beautiful. I love walking out of our basement when everything is covered in frost, like this morning, hence the photo. I love sparkly snow and the fairytale feeling I get when its just dumping (of course without the blizzard wind), that is magical.

Cheesy? I know, but sadly true. (I'm kinda a romantic)

I don't like walking out of our basement to the smog. Cough!

I love scarfs, gloves, hats, bundly sweaters, coats, boots, and all thing cuddly. Seriously why love sweating and feeling like when your dressed for the weather you are half naked? Half naked is for the beach, Lake Powell, and swimming pools, not grocery shopping. But layers and hats. Those are for grocery shopping and school. I always feel more collegiate going to school in the winter than I do in the summer.

So although the word ambivalent sums up my life, which may be considered a negative attribute, I would like to embrace it from now on. Like a Yin and Yang situation; for everything there is an equal and opposite reaction, and each should be regarded equal.

So shy and desire to be bold sides, I love you. Summer love and winter love, I love you. Tree hugging (according to my family), Subaru driving side and socialite side, I love you two. Jensen, Ross, and Johnson sides, I love you. Blue side and Sagittarian side, I love you both as well.

Another New Years resolution?

No comments: