Thursday, January 14, 2010

Palm Beach Tanning... a product plug

I really hate tanning.

Lying on that plastic; all sweating and uncomfortable. I hate the snobby High School girls that glare at you as they take your money (D thinks thats just me, is it?). I hate the whole idea of tanning honestly.

Plus if you haven't been to a tanning salon before, how are you to know the sanitary standing of the establishment? And if you don't know if it is or isn't clean, why chance it? Do you follow?

I've never had a good reason to go tanning either. I live in Utah. Summer is only 3 months long (Love it). I don't show much skin anyways.

I will say that when I do go out into the sun, I burn! In fact you could say I'm good at burning in the sun, call it a past time if you will.

I must've also been good at it at a young age, although I don't remember, because I have these cute little freckles on my nose and cheeks. Which sadly aren't as prominent as they used to be.

Most people might hate having freckles but I love the association with being a kid. Having freckles was my favorite part about growing up. Then, the freckles gave me something to make me an individual.

Seeing them in the mirror, now, reminds me of going to school on St. Patricks Day without wearing any green except the green freckles my Mom had painted on my nose and cheeks. And of going to Sea World and getting told that it would be an extra dollar for every freakle the artist would have to draw on top of the $10 for the carton picture I wanted.

Back to the point...

Since Costa Rica is coming up and I really didn't want to get FRIED the first day there, I thought I'd give tanning a few tries just to get a bit of color.

Last Monday I went with my sisters to a pretty good salon but got completely fried. I told the girl I hadn't been since... um, probably High School. Well she got me a bed and a time and sent me on my way. The max time later I was a french-fry! (...fried, hehe). Come to find out the bed she put me had a high burn rate instead of a bronze rate, which means, come to find out, it's just like super concentrated sun. Without the technology and the advancements in science that my poor white bum needed, she put me in for as long as possible. Can you believe it?

Well strike one... I thought I'd try it again. I'd also gotten a free tanning pass in the mail, which helped my enthusiasm. I drove around for about half an hour trying to find the dang place. Turns out the ten foot flashing neon sign was just on the wrong side of the road... imagine that.

Well their wasn't any snooty High School girls, in fact there were grown men. Very nice, tanning educated men. One of them signed me up and introduced me to my tanning consultant, Michelle (who also manages the place and is super super nice). Ya, tanning consultant. She got me hooked up with the right lotions, the right times and even told me what bed to use the next time I came in, and the next time. ...Ya, amazing! Everything I'd ever wanted. Cause gee, I musta missed the tanning education section of High School, of was that a night class I was supposed to sign up for? Or where else did those girls expect me to know this stuff? The room was imaculate, the selection of bed, the experties, even the sun-less tanning options were to say the least, amazing!! I'm hooked on this place and will refuse to tan anywhere else but here. Not saying that I'm going to start tanning more, just when I do go, I'm going to Palm Beach!

Its on Fort Union by Five Guys, (about 1138 E.).

The Grand Opening (officially, I went during the soft opening... which means these guys are big time) is this Saturday. They have fliers out for a free sunless tan or free two weeks of tanning. So find your dang coupons and give it a try. It will make a believer out of you. Or at least kill your skeptism, like me.

No comments: