D's sister got us free tickets to the Snocross at the Real stadium last Saturday. D's parents and us got the VIP, sit anywhere, go anywhere tickets. We showed up just on time and the bottom bowl of the stadium wasn't filled up at all (so we really got to sit anywhere). I really felt bad for all the riders. They kept saying that it was us, the fans, that made the racing worth it (I'm sure the prize money had SOMETHING to do with it), and there weren't any fans there. It was like they were just praying everyone else would start showing up. They never did.
Later the commentators began commenting on how impressive the turn out was for the night. Apparently they don't get as many fans as had showed up that night, very often. For some gosh darn reason no one really wants to go sit out in the freezin cold and watch them drive in circles all night. Especially since most of the riders and most of the fans are from really cold states like Minnesota and the such.
In all honesty it was exciting when I picked someone to cheer for. It was also a bit of an adrenaline rush when one rider and his snowmobile landed a small jump on top of another rider, on accident. In the end, no one could really get into the small donut-like racing track. We decided finally that if they didn't send out the guys with the backflips up there sleeves soon, we were out. Which we were in not to long.
So here is my thought. If I had grown up somewhere else, say maybe Minnesota, I could've very well been totally into snowmobiles. Or what about Hawaii, I could've been the awesomest big wave surfer ever. So on and so forth.
Then my next thought was why wish things had been different? It's all over and done with anyways. All I'm going to do now is learn from those things they call experiences. (Was that a New Years resolution? Its in January, and it's a new way of thinking... yep, its gotta be).
In the end I'm pretty dang happy I grew up here. Of course with the Greatest Snow on Earth, and all. But I've learned to love everything around me, whether things could've been better, or different, or worse.

2 comments:
dear caci and donald
I love to read your blog! It makes me smile! and that's a good thing. Much love
I love to read your blog too! I'm glad you are happy where you are - but maybe you'd be happier in St.G. You could always become a pro-mountain biker! :D
Post a Comment