I would just like to mention, here, our great timing of all these fabulous events!
Costa Rica less than 2 weeks away... check!
Back to school... check!
Anniversary... check!
New Year Celebrations... check!
Christmas... check!
Birthday... check!
...............................................................................................................................................................
Now that school is back in session, it's time to put my head down and get chugging, at least until I get a break for Costa Rica! It's round two of Anatomy and a Philosophy for me. D's got it a bit (understatement by a long shot) more of a load. His 19 credits including high level Chemistry and Geology, a computer class and a general ed. class. Pheew!
Since school is always harder for me than D, and I am always complaining about it, I'm going to give you an opptimistic account of my first day of school this semester.
Of course we need some background first. (You know, to help set up the plot lines). I had originally signed up for Anatomy and English, since both of the classes were needed as pre-req's. I needed the best grade I could get in all my pre-req's to be able to compete for admissions to the Nursing programs, so round two for each, for me.
The Nursing program pre-req's changed over the break and I didn't catch it till the day before class started. No longer did I need to use my English grade to compete. So I didn't need that A++ I was aiming for. I decided to drop the English and instead take Philosphy, which I will need for credit when I'm in the program, anyways.
Since I didn't catch it until so late I had to go to class and hope that the instructor would sign my add-card, which would officially add me to the class. So I went to the class.
In the end the instructor decided that only one of us trying to add the class wouldn't be able to stay. But to decide which one of us was to go we had a paper, rock, scissors, tournament.
I was freakin nervous! Not only do I NOT talk in class but I really don't like getting up in front of the class. But I was being freakin bold that day and was ready to win my place in the class. The first attempt ended in me flashing my scissors at the 2 count, not the 3 count. ...idiot
Instantly I was totally mortified that I had done something so absent-minded in front of the entire class. The instructor remarked about it, joking that I was going to get kicked out just for my mess-up, and guess how I reacted.... Just guess....
I made a joke about it!
....and the entire class LAUGHED!!
And I totally forgot I had even done something silly. Do you know what that means?? I'm on my way comedian-dom. My whole life has changed because now I can face the class and make THEM laugh while I laugh in their faces at my newly discovered confidence!!!
We'll see how long this invincible feeling lasts. :)
Don't worry, I got into the class!
No comments:
Post a Comment