Friday, October 23, 2009

Contradictions

So yes, I've been inspired. I've gotten totally interested in this Blogosphere. I spend my free time blogging. I google blogging help. I considered buying a "How to.." blog book. I blog ALL THE TIME! I know there are so many more things I could be doing with my time, but I'm hooked. Who doesn't want to check there blog and see that people actually care and let you know it with a comment? Or even the simple fact that your page view numbers have gone up?
Only me? I feel so loved in this fake social world. (That freaks D out).

Today I came across the 50 rules to starting a blog.

It amazed me. It's like high school or, even worse, middle school all over again.

I remember reading an article in one of those cheeesy tween magazines called How to be Popular. It was a big deal. I didn't want to be un-popular. That ment you were a dork! (Which unfortunately I was anyways! Not from lack of effort.)

This article listed things that I STILL try to follow, sadly, but more unconsiously now than then.

I think I'm stratigic enough to sit in the MIDDLE of a group, at all times (sarcasm). I make a positive statement of myself at least once a day (maybe not in a social setting, realistically). Of course I pick out the strong leader and be-friend them immediately!

I also feel I've had formal training on the subject. I've been taugth How to Fly with the Eagles! as opposed to- NOT flying with the Turkeys! I went to Eagle U (U as in University) whose mission/point/objective was to educate the future successful people on how to be successful.

I was in middle school and a late bloomer. In more ways than looks (still not saying much). I was painfully shy and akward. The difference between my effortlessly social twin brother, who was my equal in elemantary, in my mind, threw quite a stark contrast to my obviously painful social world of middle school. Of course I've since improved my social skills, somewhat.

Going to "camp" was terrifying, but I tried to be optimistic. I had the coolest clothes and already knew how to fly on a plane; in my mind, I was set!

When I got to Pepperdine University for the classes I realized I had to talk to people. ha~

I learned a ton about how to be a successful networking fiend, (Mom-I learned a ton about how to learn also, but not relevant here) and I sunk as low as I could into every chair I while they spilled that confidence was key.

~Whether I actually applied these lessons, or only thought I applied these lessons is questionable.~

Which brings me back to the 50 rules of blogging article.

These blog rules were just like that magazine article and my Eagle U education. So stuff like-

"Aim to link with the STRONG,"

"Be a Leader,"

"Network!!!"

"Be controvercial,"

Rang very true to me! I don't know if I want to be a socially-successful blogger.

(This coming after the "I want to be Blog of Note" post might be a contradiction, but I'm pretty good at those!)

I think I'll just be blogger-me. I'll post what I want and hope someone likes it, because I think it's fun! Of course in real life, I can't guarentee I wont be a social superstar or #1 Socialite!
Just to contradict myself, again, and to distroy the fabulous wind-up and point pitch of the post I would like to share a story! hehe


A couple weekends ago D and I were going climbing. We ran into a friend who was with a ton of his freinds. One of these friends of a friend is an awesome, real-life pro climber and one is a Tazmanian climbing bum, who just ran into us and climbed with us and who D almost bought a van/house off of (literally from Tazmania, literally a climbing BUM, and literally D, in his state of apparent insanity, just about bought that mini-van!). Well there were like seven of us leaving and the Tazmanian was shaking hands saying bye and when he got to me I stuck out my hand at the same time as the kid next to me, so we both pulled them back then tried again, and pulled back, then tried again. it was that akwardness which I hope I'm not the only one who has felt. In the end I didn't shake his hand and I laughed like a goofball while EVERYONE stared at me! I'm still mortified and hope I don't see any of them EVER again!!

No comments: