Sunday, April 19, 2009
Whoopers!
Today D and I spent a glorious day rock climbing in American Fork Canyon!!!! We went with a couple of friends and literally spent the whole day there! We now both have pretty cool farmer tans and really need to utilize sunscreen more often (My mom suggested we choose a sport that gives us cooler tans!). Now D is pretty fearless when it comes to leading routes but since his hand is hurt he just came to belay. Me on the other hand I'm a whimp! I get my head above the last clip and get Elvis Presley'in my legs, my fingers start to sweat and I totally let it get to my head, which just make me climb stupidly! But I've been trying to get over it. I usually will just climb past the bolts until I feel like I am going to fall, then climb down to the bolt and fall there which really doesnt count as a fall, more of a swing off the wall. But today I pushed really hard! There were a ton of people at the crag and I wasn't doing to bad at keeping bold. I wasn't trying anything to hard, but it felt hard to me. My muscles aren't strong enough to hold me on the wall for so long, since all I've done is boulder all winter. So I've been going as hard as I can then taking a break at the clips, then trying again. Well I went going up past one bolt headin for the next and totally felt myself getting scared. But I kept going! (This is really good for me!) I could see the next clip and I really thought I could make it. My feet were about a foot above the last clip when all of a sudden my fingers just simply slipped off and I was falling. But before I knew it I was dangling two clips below my last one!!!! I looked down and D was astonished (That was probably the best part!). I had only fallen about ten feet, but I pulled D right off the ground (which is also a first). So I now do not think that whooping is really that bad! I'm going to try to do it more so that I'm not scared of it and so that I can push harder!!! Wooo Whoo!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment