Wednesday, February 11, 2009

It Has Happened

Donald told me that our lives weren't interesting enough to have a blog, and its true now. So I am going to tell you all about the uninteresting things that have been going on in our lives.

Last Monday I lost my favorite (expensive) M.A.C. lipgloss that is a very dark cherry color in the tube but goes on a very light, shiny pinkish color. I was pretty sure that I had lost it in one of my morning classes at the UVU West campus. On Wednesday I went to the help desk which is also the lost a found desk and asked the old man about my lip gloss. He said that they had found a dark colored squeeze-tube like object in the classroom I had suspected and that it very well could've been lipgloss but it seemed much more logical to be a dangerous substance of some assortment. So he threw it away to make sure it did no one harm! I'm so glad that he has now saved the world of my awesome pout! Gr!


I don't know if anyone doesn't know this but D and I tend to spend a considerable amount of time climbing, and usually at the rock gym Momentum. It is way to freezing to spend any time climbing outside, and skiing just isn't something you can do in the evenings, after class. So it seems that the last week or two both of us have gone rock crazy and turned into climbing monsters. D is now climbing strong V5 or V6 and working on V7! Although I'm only strong V4 pushing V5, I'm totally stoked! I've felt like I was never going to be able to get past my V3 nitch. Both of us are really loving it. We try to get up early on Monday and Friday and go climb for a couple of hours before school and all. Its really the best time to go since there is no one there!

But now that we're feeling good about climbing, D went and got a bum finger. He's a finger bad enough that he can't climb on it for awhile and I'm stuck without a climbing partner!

I have fallen in love with cooking. Actually I have fallen in love with the idea of being a good cook. Grandma is always watching cooking shows and when I wander up I can't help but want to just throw dashes of this and that into a pot and say it looks beautiful! So when I cook I get into this Paula Dean/ Nigella Bites attitude and start experimenting.... It doesn't always turn out to good. I need to try to follow the directions for reals and just start there before I get my own TV show, and before we die of food poisening. Its just way to tempting. The other day I made baked potaotes with the intention of making twice baked potatoes, but when I cut into the potatoes they oozed blueish blackish goo. Of course I thought I killed the potatoes some how. (Who knows how I could've done it but I must've) Later D told me that the potatoes were just bad. I documented the event just for good measures.

I'm really quite proud to say that I now have awesome racoon eyes :) I love them just how they are. If they get to dark people who aren't of that genre get totally confused and think your just an idiot. (According to a fellow Solitude employee, we just dont talk to those kinds of people) But when they are a perfect tan that is just noticeable enough and not to overwhelming, everyone thinks your cool ... or they better.

Anyone who was at Chrismas two years ago knows that my mom understands the importance of a quality vacuum cleaner. So for a wedding present she got us a fabulous vacuum cleaner! My new favorite chore is vacuuming the carpet. So during spring break I washed walls and vaccumed EVERYTHING! O I feel so much better! Donald worked most of spring break but we got one full day to do nothing together! It was so nice! We went on a "hike" in the afternoon which turned into more of a rock hoping, snow skate. The trail was covered in snow and we were sliding on it more than hiking, so we decided to follow the river and hoping from rock to rock. It was a beautiful day and very warm!

So I have been waiting to post anything because I have pictures to go with everything. The pictures are stuck on my camera without a cord to get the pictures onto the computer! Sad! So I'm sorry that this is really all you get, boringness. Hopefully soon I will find the cord and the world will be better again.





























1 comment:

Joanna said...

I don't think it's boring at all! I'm happy to keep tabs on you! Love you!