Wednesday, January 7, 2009



O my goodness! So it is official!!! We are officially married! We had a fabulous ceremony with our families just as soon as the snow started to fall! :) Both of us couldn't have been more happy of the whole thing coming together! It went so quick. We dont have any pictures of it yet besides some fun ones from our families computer. Even though its been two weeks since the actual wedding, we'll update a bit about how it went and all!
It's really wierd to me that after all that planning it was really only for a couple of hours. As much fun as the wedding was I think that I would advice everyone to just elope from now on.
The snow made the road up the canyon really bad and thankfully no one got hurt! Except my poor car :( We lost the back windsheild wiper somewhere between Millcreek and Sundance! Its quite odd. Our sisters decorated our car to leave for the honeymoon which was very nice and totally fun but very frustrating for D to try to drive. We had read that it was good luck to tie a shoe to the gettaway car so I thought maybe the shoe popped it off but there was no shoe used. But that car could not've handled another wiper with what we had packed in there. We had four pairs of skis, one snowboard, enough chocolate to kill a horse (complements of the decorators), two suitcases, my dress (which was annoyingly big in a car seat), and all our snow gear packed into our little subaru rally star! Plus a couple inches of snow on the car and about one million heart shaped sticky notes on every surface able to be stuck. That little car had proven itself a couple of times but that night it really made us proud!
The whole drive from millcreek to provo canyon was not to horribly bad but still a concern. As soon as we turned to head up towards sundance the real adventure began, the roads hadn't been plowed at all! The directions we had to find our cabin were very vague and we turned around a couple of time on steep snow covered cliffs, which right there spells excitement. In the end that little thing got us ten feet away from our cabin! Through some very steep, very slippery roads! Turns out that it had been raining and then snowed on top of the rain and it all froze into a perfect ice sheet! So we can't make it up the hill any closer than that ten feet away, so we go down the mountain a ways and got a ride up the rest of the way to the cabin! Which was a funny experience, in the decorated car and wedding clothes! We talked to some nice people who were also trying to get to a cabin but not quite as fortunate as us, they really almost went off then got stuck! I laugh everytime I think of them asking if we just got married, I dunno how much more obvious it could've been. Here's there sign.
We had an awesome stay at the cabin. We went skiing and snowboarding a ton. I tele'd and D rode switch so we had a pretty good speed between the two of us! We went to some fun restaurants at Sundance and we had a blast going to a new mountain. Neither of us had ever been to it. We spent the next Monday and Tuesday moving into out fabulous new "blue apartment" which we love!
We have both started school. I have Chemistry, Math, an intro to Nursing and Nutrition. Donald has Biology (which I am so excited to help him with... cause I am the greatest at it...hehe), Math, Americanization, and a Lab for Bio. We both go to school Monday, Wednesday and Friday. D works on Tuesday, Thursday and the weekends at Solitude and so I'm only there for the holidays.
It been fun getting used to married life, interesting anyways. We have a ton of fun and we joke about being at the honeymoon stage :) We have been experiencing our first sick, together! (cute) We both have horrible colds and our house is now filled with snot tissues. Did I mention everyone is welcome to come visit??

1 comment:

Peay Family said...

I want to visit! It sounds like you guys are off to a good start. The first few months of marriage are so fun because it feels like playing house and even mopping the floor is fun. Enjoy it while it lasts, marriage stays fun but mopping the floor turns back into what it always was. Love you guys.