Sunday, May 15, 2011
Moving Treasures
I've been finding lots of awesome things while moving - especially while helping Gram get packed up.
This picture used to be up in my Papa's cabin. I always thought I looked pretty awesome ... I mean look at that perfect over-the-glasses-gaze I pulled off! And in diapers in Lake Powell!
Josh is on my right, and Jays is on my left. We are all 2!
.ps. that hair under Josh's (and probably Jaysons) hat is definitely a mullet! hehe. O ya, and I'm in the pink if you didn't figure that one.
The other day we went through Grams "trinket closet." I had a great time remembering all the times I had been through that "closet" in my life. I remember thinking that it was all so amazing that my Grandma had a Mom who had given her all theses beautiful & delicate things, and now, I was looking at it ... I was amazed.
While packing up the "trinket closet" Gram was telling my Mom and I which were her most prized/beloved "trinkets" (a glow in the dark, praying figurine, and a purple glass tea set her Grandmother had given her Mother, who had given it to her). Right when she was done saying that they were the one thing that we had to be super-careful while handling and packing, I dropped the lid to the tea set!!!
Right on the tile!!!!
IT SURVIVED! Hallelujah!
Hopefully that is the climax of this moving adventure we're trying to get through!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I remember when that pic. was taken. It's hard to sift through all those things and start a new phase. thanks for helping gram so much! You're a lifesaver! Love you!
Stop it! That picture is adorable!!! :-)
Post a Comment