…When D Wears Ski Boots!!!
OK so they're hippie-boots, but still! He got some free ski's and a few friends who tele alot better than I do (hard to believe, I know) to show him how it's done.
He's never skied, unless you count skiing on his split-board on the bunny hill (Nope, I checked, it doesn't count).
He jumped right into tele-turns; completely skipping the alpine wedge … I'm so proud!
The whole way from buying them I went off about how you are NOT supposed to use poles and how, as a beginner, he should not be allowed to use poles (I've seen horrible things done with poles by beginners- they're terrifying). I was very adamant and kept going on and on about all the ways beginners try to kill themselves, and everyone else around them, with those stupid things.
He finally looked at me and said, "I spend 5 days a week at a chair-lift, watching beginners almost kill themselves with their poles, I think I know what not to do with them."
He finally looked at me and said, "I spend 5 days a week at a chair-lift, watching beginners almost kill themselves with their poles, I think I know what not to do with them."
So I guess he knows everything he needs to know.
By the way, the only poles he's got right now are my pink Aloha flowered poles … man does he rock them well!
Happy Birthday D!
1 comment:
I know D probably reads this about as often as Sam reads mine (which is never) so please pass on our happy birthday wishes. We love you Ding!
Post a Comment