Friday, February 11, 2011

Little Cottonwood Backcountry in Cell Phone Pics


Today D went skiing without me. -He is so spoiled!

He took off hiking up the Y Colliard way early. It was too steep to skin up, so they boot-packed for a few hours till summit.

 ... I'm kinda glad I didn't go.


A few rocks to hop over and then straight down 50 degree slopes. Apparently that is the perfect slope for avalanches to NOT happen, but pretty darn steep. I still made him text me when he got down, just to verify he was still alive (ya, I'm a worrisome wife).


The right fork of the main canyon in the picture above is where we got engaged. Clear down at the bottom, close to the road. Over a waterfall, and I nearly died.

1 comment:

Joanna said...

He's crazy! That makes my knees feel like jello just looking at the pictures. Maybe when you cut his curls he lost some brain cells too :)