
We definitely had a very fall-feeling weekend! Do you see those awesome colors?? D and my photography skills do not do the scenery justice.
From now on, I may be permenantly "borrowing" my Dad's digital SLR. We absolutely loved it! D ended up taking most of the pictures this time around. Both of us liked playing with the camera and trying to manipulate the settings, but we didn't get very many pictures of each other!

(Bryce, By D)
We spent Friday and Saturday climbing in Maple Canyon with some friends.
I really love that canyon. Which is wierd because it is NOT my type of climbing. I like small holds, and no overhang. Well, maple is big holds and very overhung...very, very overhung! The moves require way more power than what I've got!
I think I'm more attracted to the canyons esthetic characters, and not so much the climbing...don't get me wrong, the climbing is great also!

(My Silly Smirk, By D)
We spent the majority of our time at The Compound. Pretty much no one knows about this place. It's not in any guide book. You have to know someone, whose known someone who knows where it is, to show you where it is (like a secret club...get it?). So pretty much we're alot cooler than everyone else...I wish.

I got a pretty awesome battle wound when I fell off a 5.13, got a bit tangled, and just about took D's head off. I may have been trying something slightly harder than I can do, but I can aspire right?

(Bryce, By D)
The one thing about Maple is how deceptive the walls are. You can see the huge cobblestones hanging out of the wall, looking so inviting, easy to grab and climb. Well, the big holds are usually the bad ones, and the small, unseen, holds are usually what you should be searching for.
I definitely spend alot of time searching for the holds!

(Bryces victory swing, By D)

(The compound - do you spy Bryce? .ps. that's the hard climb I tried...I didn't get nearly that far)

(Bryce, By D)
Sunday night we were in charge of the Johnson family party. We cleaned and cooked all morning. We made hot wasil and squash soup served in a pumpkin! We dressed the house up and got to re-use some wedding decorations, again.
Everyone brought something, and helped clean up, which helped us out a ton (THANK YOU EVERYONE!).
Us grandkids entertained ourselves by playing football and baseball. Which by the way, there are some rough players in this fam!
D and I crashed Sunday night, pretty much exhausted!
2 comments:
Sweet pics!
Aw yay!!!! these pictures are awesome!!! :) But please dont keep it forever!!! share the love :) haha
p.s. i would like to go to maple and climb... it looks cool!!! :)
Post a Comment