Jada
Timmy
I have been repremanded for not including good 'ol Barney in this post. Although he is less demanding, he is just as much a character!! If you can't tell. We like to tell people he's a real wolf, they believe us, especially in the mountains!
When all my parents kids weren't kids anymore, my parents got excited for grandkids.
Too bad for them, they had us as kids. -Its going to be awhile until they get grandkids.
So to make up for the absence of cute, small, lovey snugglers, they got puppies.
While the rest of the family went to Lake Powell as one final ditch out before summer was over, D and I were able/had the oppurtunity/were so fortunate as to have the privelege of dog napping the babies.
The "babies" (who aren't really even puppies anymore, technically speaking) are the most spoiled, bed hogging, little dogs, ever!! Who would have thought that two less-than-10-pound dogs could take up most of a king size bed? Not me!
We didn't do much more than homework, or watching movies this weekend (We thoroughly took advantage of the satellite TV at my parents house- can you say Americas Funniest Home Videos? Need I say more?).
We did take a few breaks to steal the Ruckus (awesome scooter) to catch air off speed pumps, to climb in American Fork...again, and to eat fast-food...I've clogged something, I swear!
We didn't ever get to bed too early, so when the pups wake up early, its a shock.
The babies wake up just before seven, in a loud fashion, everyday!! Like, screech-like barking kind of loud. If worrying all night that you're going to squish one isn't stressful enough, the barking is alarming enough to give you a heart attack. They run around, jump at the door, growl, and bark like madness. At first you think they're either dying or the house is getting broken into.
OK so maybe I was a bit dramatic, but it was early, and these furry little things are just as dramatic.
When they go on walks, if they decide they've had enough, they can stop at someone feet and they will be picked up and carried in a baby carrier the rest of the way.
They go on alot of walks. They even go snowshoeing, and hiking.
When summer heat gets to them, ice cubes are the only thing they will eat. But really, why wouldn't you do it, if you could?
When its chilly outside, they get a sweater.
If they are given a treat that is not quite good enough, they can refuse it, and get another.
They are snugglers to the extreme! In the morning they stretch, yawn, and scratch in the cutest way, ever! You can't help but give them a good tummy-rub.
They bark at the door when they want out or in, and immediately someone is there to open the door. It's even a polite little bark!
They go everywhere! Coffee drive through, fast food drive through, (at least they don't go into the restaraunt or the store) family parties, family outings, etc. and they are there!
...My parents have, almost, completely repaced us kids! Should I be jealous of this treatment?
No, but I am totally jealous of having the cute little things around! I think even D has developed a soft spot for the babies after this weekend. Maybe he'll let me get a dog!
Who am I kidding?
I'm just going to have to tend puppies more often!
...As soon as the learn to sleep around me, and not the other way around!

No comments:
Post a Comment