When I was younger I had to wear a head-gear (the super nerdy looking orthodontic appliance that wraps clear around your head). The entire family was going on a bike ride and I was supposed to wear the dang thing.
Ludicrousy, I tell you, I refused.
I got my little butt kicked (so my Dads says, it was actually my lower-side-back-region. And literally...it got kicked).
I wore the head-gear on the bike ride.
(I'd just like to say that I still stand by the idea that wearing orthodotia while participating in sports is just plain silly. If I had wrecked, not only would I have been in pain when the head-gear is ripped off, but it probably would have taken all my teeth with it, since they were all attached!!)
My Dad likes to remind everyone that that is the day that "made me who I am today."
Meaning: I would probably be in jail if he hadn't straightened out my attitude right then, and not a second too late.
Thanks!
Recently, I had to gather a whole bunch of vital signs for practice. I called on family to help me assemble some stats. My Dad's birthday was a week ago and (how do I say this?), he's not 30 anymore. His heart rate was 38 beats per minute...Insane!! He is an animal!
If that doesn't convince you of him animal side, on Saturday he rode in Lotoja.
Heard of it?
206 miles from Logan, UT. to Jackson Hole, WY. in one day?
Finished 16th of 200, in category 5.
So here's to Dad!
No comments:
Post a Comment