My sisters and I being men by braving the rapids of the Snake River- more than a year ago... Its a picture ok!
The other day I read that going for a quick sprint-like, all out ride when time is short, is as effective as going for a longer ride. So being that I believe pretty much anything I read, and having decided that there were better things to be done today, other than working out, I decided to test the sprint theory.
I took of with the goal to go no slower than 10 mph. I wanted to make it 5 miles to the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon and back. I've done the ride plenty of times, and figured it wouldn't be that hard. It's slowly uphill most of the way until about half a mile out, where it then gets steep, then levels off and you turn around. So off I go. Three traffic lights later, and no red light, I still hadn't gotten to even slow down. Better work-out, right? Ya, thats what I thought. When I got to the park-and-ride light on Wasatch, right after the steepest part, the light turned red and I had my first break.
After sprinting 4.5 miles and then going straight to a stop my chest started feeling a little tight and I was wondering if I was having a heart attack (Yes, I do worry about that, call me paranoid- I am). Then I realized that I was so- not going to have a heart attack right there on the road. I was going to throw-up! I ran/hobbled with one foot attached to my bike to the side of the road and heaved for a good minute, completely losing my breakfast.
I guess I should've felt like a man or something for pushing myself so hard, but I felt more embarassed, like a silly little girl trying to keep up with the big guys. Well I pulled myself together, didn't shed a tear (which is an accomplishment, considering I'd just thrown- up in front of the population of Cottonwood Heights) and went home.
In retrospect my illness may (slim chance) have done something to do with the brownies I had as a side to my granola breakfast, I really don't think so though! ~smerk~
2 comments:
Sorry about the barf. But you are a tough woman.
You are SO funny! I really wish I could've had a video camera for that one...hey! that's what family's for! :)
Post a Comment