So what is my new favorite past-time, now that its getting warmer and crochetting is so out after February 1st?
Well I got super excited about my new found talent and since baking was all I could think about and Valentines was just around the corner I decided to make the ultimate desert... Red Velvet Cake!
It didn't quite turn out as good as some I've tasted but it was gorgeous! (Pictured below) Until I tried to frost it with the frosting that never quite turned into frosting, (Pictured above).
Sadly, it didn't quite give me the satisfaction of kneading the tar out of it, and $5 worth of red food coloring wasn't my favorite
But we had a fabulous Valentines, I wasn't going to let a silly cake ruin it for me. We went skiing at Brighton on Monday since neither of us had school or work. We used some free passes that got left in our car from a previous excursion (Thanks Mom). Since I was worried about my silly knee I only Alpined, which turned out awesome! We got up their early enough to beat the crowds and mostly stayed on the Milly side, which still had some pretty good untracked runs with fun bumps and cliffs and stuff like that. :)
Needless to say we didn't do any homework that weekend and we've been playing catch up ever since. So what did I do last night? When I'm all stressed out about finishing school work and the likes.
Make Cinnamon Rolls.
At like, 10pm...
I burnt them! And they didn't quite raise right. And I still haven't figured out the silly frosting stuff, why doesn't it work? GR
But don't worry I've learned. From now on, baking is a mid-day, no better way to de-stress, during un-bikeable weather, kinda thing.
(Unless I'm really craving them, then everything is fair game!)



2 comments:
Even if the frosting doesn't turn out, I bet the cake was great. P.S. I usually never put the whole amount of red food coloring in my red velvet cake, so hopefully next time one bottle will last you two cakes! XOXO
That sounds great! I've never seen red velvet cake, but yours looks delicious! mmmm.. I'll have to try some! If your frosting is runny try adding more powder sugar. :)
Post a Comment