Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tough Girl

So I leave for my grand adventure on Thursday morning, yes, THIS Thursday!
Who'da thought it'd get here so- fast. I had big plans to start exercising, eating right, and adding target practice to my daily duties, but I didn't... big surprise.

I'm generally pretty good at making big plans, just like those.

My favorite big plan of the adventure is how tough I'm going to be! Just like Amanda. I'll fit right in with those men and spit just as well. Because that is how you judge if a man is manly. Haven't you seen Mulan?

Of course I procrastinated being a man so I decided to start when I started shootin the gun. So Sunday, after a fabulous day with relations, we set off to the west side of Utah Lake to get our manly-ness on.

*Did you know I'm an Aunt twice now? And I have the cutest niece and nephew EVER!?*


Who knew that I am such a spaz. Man I was terrified. What happens if I actually suck at this and I talked up my HUGE elk this whole time, and then missed it!?! Practic was necessary for success and if I didn't succeed here, I wouldn't in the field!

~Disclosure- Guns don't scare me, neither do shooting things, nor being around stuff like I was gonna be doing, but I was an enotional train wreck about the whole adventure~
D got the gun all set up and the truck positioned while I paced out 100 yards with the target. It was alot further than I would have thought.

Of course, someone once told me I had horrible depth perception.
The whole way there and back I kept telling myself all I had to do was breathe out real slow like on Zombieland (which if you haven't seen, go see), and pull the trigger. That easy, you're a big girl!

That gun was supposed to kick the dickens outta ya!
Sitting down and lining up through the scope was difficult. It's like trying to look into a microscope, both eyes don't ever line up and then your never lookin at what your supposed to!
Pulling the trigger took nearly a year of suspense building up while thinking about the pain about to hit you.

D fired the first shot and I felt a little better. But when I shot, I twitched, which is tragic!

Luckily my shoulder didn't start hurting until about round 20!

Of course no hard work is worth it till the tears come, not because of the kick but because (As mentioned earlier), I am an emotional train wreck about his adventure!

D was so nice and patient (he always is), he coached me to a functioning, sane member of the NRA, which is saying alot! My eyes and shoulder hurt the rest of the night to remind me of the hard work!! And hard work generally pays off, I hope, I pray!
To bad D did most of the HARD work.

I am fully outfitted with Amanda's gear, elmer fudd hat and all, and am practicing meditation to keep my nerves down, and getting pretty excited. Wish me luck, I'm gonna need it!

No comments: