never quite turn out on film (or disk) like I see it in my mind, in the moment.
Lets chat.
Lately, there was potential for life to really change for us. Not in a too dramatic kind of way, but I could have made it pretty dramatic, and I was going to try my darnest to make it dramatic. It didn't end up happening, nothing changed (even though I did manage to make my world a bit dramatic for a bit there).
All this life changing potential was wrapped around that one big event. That big event I haven't even announced here. I graduated! I have a DEGREE. I know my Dad did not think it was going to happen (especially after Utah State - Thank You Dad), but it did. The proof has not made it up on the wall, but it will soon.
Of course, the piece of paper was not all that came with graduation. There was the adventure to Brasil, the Westfalia, commuting, the "new" life, and everything that went with a full time job and routine schedule.
And so the immediate, life changing potential simmers out when you realize that it kinda sucks to have a degree that no one wants to hire you for. It especially suck when you incorrectly think you've already got it in the bag ... bummer.
So, with mixed emotions (and I am the Queen of mixed emotions!), I will be trudging right along to get another degree. Hopefully someone will want to hire me with that degree, or that we will be in the position to get out of Dodge, and move someplace where they are hiring people without experience (and probably paying alot more).
The kicker? This was the plan all along. There just was that spin-off few weeks where I saw my life dramatically changing, and I got a little too excited!
So, everyone, plan on some very exciting changes in this neck of the woods (that is where I tie in the random picture), after this next graduation ... in April. Think you can hold on till then?
2 comments:
You know where they are ALWAYS hiring nurses??? HAWAII. If you move, I'll follow you!
Man...it's hard when life doesn't follow the plans you have for it. Sorry for the disappointments. Hang in there! Love you!
Post a Comment