Sunday, January 22, 2012

Everyone Who Went to the Caribbean Missed the FUN


I feel like I'm moving today.

More than a week ago, the whole family packed up and left for a Caribbean cruise. They left D and I to keep a watch out for the house and to do more exciting things, like homework, feeding chickens, horses, cat and dogs, work, and clinical.

Of course, they left the same morning as the cruise ship sinking. That sucked! Especially since the night before I was given instructions on "if we all happen to die." (I couldn't sell Manda's horses! ... She loves those horses! Ugh, the distress!)

At some point (it's all a blur right now) I blew up a circuit breaker, just about flooded the basement, and the radiant heat's pump went out ... in the middle of the night ... in the least subtle way possible (I thought I was going to die that night! Then I thought Jada was going to die because she barked at every tiny sound for the rest of the night).

Since the pups aren't the best at staying potty-trained while in the basement, we moved into the family room, and they slept with us. Yes, we fit all five of us (including the cat) on that twin mattress we dragged out of storage. Thank goodness Barns is a bit too wild to snuggle with us. So now that the fam comes back tonight, we're moving back to the basement.

We're a little excited their on their way Right Now!

1 comment:

Joanna said...

Ha! your adventures in babysitting sound way better then a dumb ol' trip to the caribbean.