Friday, August 19, 2011

Powell



Lake Powell is one of my most favorite places. We spent a whole week there and had a ball! As much as I'm sure you'd just love to hear every exciting detail, I'm just giving you the big pieces.

Here is the highlight reel...


Sunset from Campsite #1, which we were at until our pooper filled up on the second to last day.


Sunset from Campsite #2, post stink.


Balancing Rock.

I officially hate riding wave runners! ... unless I'm driving (no one else does it correctly ... and with as much talent as I).

Mand, Tanno, Meg, & Herri played no hands. Basically each waverunner has a driver and passenger, the passenger can't use their arms to hold on while the driver tries to drive them off the back. It was hillarious!


"Showering" on the paddle boards.


Rainbow Bridge. Where we managed, in true Jensen form, to get in a bit of a tussel with the Rangers.


Almost the whole gang. Seventeen of us total!


Pops was in "too good of shape, not to ride." Not to mention Lotoja coming up soon! But, we still had to give him a hard time.


Hole in the Rock cliff-jumping. D used the excuse that he wanted to try to climb up, so he didn't jump ... wimp!


The topless hoola dancer is not the most exciting thing about this picture. I just love it.

(And Mand's fishbraid!)


Swamp people


Awesome hike through a slot canyon.


The water was a bit stinky.


Coolest picture of Josh of the whole trip. Usually he just flips the camera off.




When faced with terrifying-ly murky water, us girls get creative.

Of course I was the one who ended up slipping and taking out the five people behind me, eventually ending up on top of Dad.


Classic D pose: studying the climbing potential.


The boats. One for skiing, surfing, and wake-boarding. The other for cruising, and putting other boats to shame!


Probably the most exciting thing that happened was when Jerr and Meg ran off for a hike to take pictures of the sunset and came back with this little jewel.
 

I just want you to know, Jerr only told my Dad, but I totally figured it out! It's cause I'm a secret agent!

.ps. Meg gets the majority of the photo credits!

2 comments:

Joanna said...

HA! did jer have the head lamp on so he could shine it on that rock at exactly the right moment to get maximum sparkle? swwweeeeet!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME pics!! And congrats to Meg and Jer!! Looks like a very fun trip.