Last Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday I spent at the National Student Nurse Associations annual convention that conveniently happened to be at the Salt Palace downtown.
We attended an NCLEX review every morning. It was a very brief review, and I'm starting to get nervous for the test (in a year from now ... eek!!).
We all went out to lunches together which was fun.
(I was introduced to Bruge's which is amazing Belgium waffles and frits place just North of Pioneer Park ... I've got plans to visit during the farmers market)
I got a ton of free stuff. Mostly pens of graduate schools, but a few t-shirts, bags, lanyards, books, first aid kits, and magazines. I even got a bible!
I was pretty exhausted every night, which was surprising since I didn't do much more than sit in classes all day. I was really happy I had the opportunity to go to all the classes and learn so much. I was especially happy because I learned all about volunteering opportunities. One in particular I can do before I graduate. I would be able to spend time working as a student RN, and also in classes taught by local doctors. Some of the areas have language programs!
I've been thinking I would enjoy travelling and volunteering once I've got my RN, and this has just made me feel even more certain this is what I want to do. It's kinda exciting!

No comments:
Post a Comment