Get ready for some boring blogs in the future. D and I start school this Wednesday. Which means no more adventuring for these two!! Sympathy, please.
Our last adventure for the summer started out when we tried to get the car loaded last Thursday.
Ten minutes before, D had the tent out on the lawn to be swept, and it was bright and sunny. Just after the tent was put away (thank goodness) and we had loaded ourselves up with stuff in the basement ready to carry it out to the garage, rain started coming down in sheets. It thundered, lightening'd, and poured till we were out of the valley.
In Salina, we looked right and gave a shout out to Sargents (Judy, thats you!). We were going to see the rest of the Richfieldonians (and surrounding area-ians) at the reunion.
We were headed to Gooseberry road, outside of Salina, for the Ross Family Reunion/Rendezvous!
This was my first time in attendance, and the first time meeting some of the family (it's a big family). Every couple of years the whole gang gets together at the Gooseberry Girls Camp (think Oakcrest, for us non-Sevier-ians) for a few days.
So Saturday night we did laundry, unpacked, repacked, and slept.
Sunday morning we headed out again. On our way we stopped at every outdoor adventure store. We eventually settled on a new cooking stove (which D swore would revolutionize the way we camp, altogether… it did). We also elevated ourselves to the status of international campers, as evidenced by the instruction manuals in every language.
Since we weren't going to Maple Canyon anymore, we opted for a drive down memory lane. Can you guess where we went?
It rained Sunday and there was no climbing, except in the China Cave, and no I'm not that good.
When I took this picture, the goal was to show how hard it was raining. The water was coming off the tent like a river! But D decided to up the creepy factor. I didn't see that he looked so much like a ghost until I put the pictures on our computer and was seriously freaked out.
.ps. I'm a wimp about ghosts!
1 comment:
Thanks for the shout out. I love reading your blog...it's very entertaining. Love the pics!
Post a Comment