On the first day of class she says,
Have you all been having regular B.M.'S?
B.M.'s as in Bowel Movements.
Cause if you're not, you need to start to.
Colon cancer is the second most common cancer, and an easy one to avoid. Just eat more fiber and get everything moving right along. It's perfectly natural to have something stored up in there but the problem is that if it sits too long, its not good for those poor cells in there (she said, I didn't just know that, although that woulda been cool).
Just the other day she told us how to eat an elephant,
One bite at a time.
Shoulda guessed, huh?She went elaboratively (she's a bit elaborate... or, maybe just more detail oriented) into the metaphor of staring at an elephant trying to figure out how the heck your going to eat the whole thing. Well it always seems impossible unless you stop thinking about it and put your head down and get to freakin work. One bite at a time.
So one thing at a time.
(I would like to mention an occurance- The afore mentioned professor kicked me out of class last week! She didn't believe I read because I got a question wrong in class, so out I go. I really had read... A week before)
It's amazing how some advise falls into your lap at the PERFECT time.
I have a million projects I'm starting for christmas and the like.
5 beanies, 2 slippers, 2 stockings, decorate the house, cook something holiday-like
My last ten foot hurdle of school is in sight and I'm running from that scotch free if it kills me!
Mosquito Abatement is letting me go. I must say that I really stretched that two weeks I was hired to work :)
Out I go searching for another job. If anyone hears anything about a part time dental assistant position, please let me know. Or really any other job thats not seasonal, I want a job a bit longer than that!
O yes, it would be nice if it paid me a million dollars a day, too much to ask?
Moral- Take small bites of lotsa fiber filled elephant to keep your B.M.'s regular, your colon cells happy and cancer free, and to keep your sanity.
No comments:
Post a Comment