Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Skeens of Yarn

On monday we went to Micheals for a sale and got some yarn. Nothing says winter like a good crochete session :) Even if the big leagues is knitting, so I've been told. Donald thinks that knitting is the real yarn craft and that crochette is like the little league of knitting. I told him that was foolish, cause you can't make lace through knitting. Not like I could if I wanted to, but someone can.
I just about made D a complete beanie in less than an hour. (It had nothing to do with the fact that the yarn was awesomely thick and that I ONLY make beanies now, so I'm getting pretty quick at it. Nope, nothing like that!) Well I had finished it and then he asked for earflaps. I wanted to make him something he would actually wear and like. So I put ear flaps on. Then he decided they needed to be more subtle. So I put an extra row or two on the back and where his ears were, "just to cover his earlobes". But that wasn't right either. So I put the extra two rows only where his ears were and an extra layer to blend it all in. But that was a helmet. Moral of the story, next time I'm making something that he's just going to have to live with. :)
I am getting around to working on my moms beanie that I bought yarn for two Christmas's ago. The finished product was going to be her Christmas present. Better late than never.

1 comment:

Mary Ellen Ross said...

I love reading your posts Caci! You are way too nice to Donald1 :o) If he wants subtle ear flaps, just remind him that his ears aren't any too subtle, so subtle ear flaps won't do! (I love you, Donald!)