Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Happy Valley

So I go to school in Happy Valley. Needless to say, the drivers are HORRIBLE! Of course I learned to drive from my mom and dad, and the rest of my family. (I'm the "grandma driver" so I'm pretty chill, comparitively). So speed and everyone getting out of my way, is a way of life. I'm a Jensen, move.

No one in Happy Valley understands the concept of the fast lane, it is not just another lane; it's a passing and get out of the way if your going slower than whoever is behind you lane. Well today driving home from class there was an o so cute little hybrid bright blue thing in the fast lane going about 65 (it's not a speed limit, it's merely a suggestion) in the fast lane. Which is normal for Happy Valley. Since I was in the middle lane and the car in front of me was going just barely slower than the car in the fast lane, I got in the fast lane, behind the cute blue thing. Now, one thing you must understand is that if you slightly tailgate a slow driver who is in the fast lane, they usually get the idea and move over, or completely ignore you, generally. Well the pilot didn't seem to notice me at all, but the passanger sure did, and my goodness he was going to let me know. So he swung himself completely around to stare at me. Kinda shocked I stared back, innocently. Then he started to shake his head. O no, you move, your in the fast lane. So I politely gesture for him to suggest to the pilot of the blue thing to use the lane to the right, which was, of course, vacant and where the slow cars belong. (And on another note. Seriously, does he think I'm going to remember him shaking his head at me the next time I'm tailgateing someone???) Well he didn't like that, apparantly he was the boss of the road. So he flipped me off as the pilot moved over.

Although I don't drive to school, since I've gotten a bus pass, I don't miss it at all. I think the bus pass was a good thing.

No comments: